Walmart Coupon Codes — 20% Off with an Online Promo Code

A DealCrunch community member asked...

How can I get 20% off at Walmart?

Anne Copeland,

DealCrunch Editor

answered on: 6.20.17

Whenever I go to Walmart, I always come back with more than I expected to buy. I love finding inexpensive ways to spruce up our house, and with such great deals on home décor, Walmart makes it easy to give into a few impulse buys — like a nice pair of new throw pillows.

At Walmart.com, there’s even more to choose from with a broader selection of Walmart’s own products and items available through its partnered marketplace — all at the low prices Walmart is known for. Plus, if you stack a coupon or promo code, you can unlock deeper discounts so you can buy more without spending extra money.

We’ve tracked down four ways you can get 20% off or more on your next Walmart purchase — whether in-store or online — so let’s dive into the options.

1. Get 20% Off or More with Walmart Coupon Codes

When you need to find a deal quickly, you don’t want to be browsing the web indefinitely only to find an expired coupon.

At DealCrunch, we take pride in our proprietary software that scours the web 24/7 for deals and updates our coupon feed hourly.  We love providing shoppers with the most up-to-date deals and promo codes available — especially when it means saving someone 20% or more at their favorite store.

Use these deals to save on your next purchase at Walmart:

Value of the Day - Save 20% or more.

Up to 40% off Special Buys.

2. Find Printable Coupons Online at Walmart.com

If you like to do your browsing on the web, but your shopping in the store, Walmart gives you an easy way to find 20% off on your next purchase.

Simply visit Walmart’s dedicated site for printable coupons and browse hundreds of current offers. Then, click the coupons you want to clip, print them out, and bring them with you to the store.

And before you go, make sure to check Walmart.com to see if the items you want are in stock at your local store through the site’s search in-store option.

3. Browse the Weekly Ad for Stackable Savings

Beyond everyday savings and coupons, Walmart also offers special savings in its weekly ad.

If you don’t subscribe to your local newspaper, you can easily find the weekly ad for your area at Walmart.com. The online version of the ad will even allow you to order an item by clicking on it — if it isn’t an in-store-only deal.

Many of the weekly ad offers can be combined — or stacked — with manufacturer’s coupons, which increases your chances of saving 20% — or much more — so be sure to read the terms of the deals. Walmart also has special savings around most major holidays, so if one is right around the corner, make it a point to browse the weekly ad.

4. Catch Missed Opportunities to Save with the App

Even if you buy something from Walmart and didn’t shop around first to see if there happened to be a better price elsewhere, Walmart Savings Catcher has your back.

You can download the Walmart mobile app and use it to scan your receipt after your purchase. Savings Catcher will then comb through competitor ads and offers from your area for any savings — like a 20% off coupon — you might have missed.

If a lower price is found on an eligible item, you receive the difference on a Walmart gift card — without having to spend hours comparing prices.

Get 20% with Walmart Coupon Codes & Discounts

I know that every time I shop at Walmart, I’m going to end up with more than I intended to buy.

But because I always look for a Walmart coupon or promo code before I shop, I often still come out ahead — especially if I can find a deal for 20% off or more.

With plenty of options for saving money — from coupons and promo codes to specials and sales — don’t forget to check our Walmart page for updated deals before you buy. That way, when the impulse strikes to add something else to your cart before you check out, you won’t even have to think twice.

Today's Walmart Deals

Take a peek at Walmart top offers. See all of today's best deals »

See all Walmart deals »