Old Navy 40% Off Coupon — 7 Ways to Score the Promo Code

A DealCrunch community member asked...

What can I do to save 40% off my Old Navy purchase?

Hayley Matthews,

DealCrunch Editor

answered on: 11.21.17

I’m a big fashion lover with a tiny shopping budget. Unfortunately, styles on the runway usually change faster than I can fill up my savings account.

That’s why I love Old Navy.  The store carries clothing, shoes, and accessories at reasonable prices — so I never compromise on style.

Old Navy is also known for having big discounts on top of its amazingly affordable clothes. Whether you’re looking to update your wardrobe or you’re an obsessed penny pincher, here are some easy ways to can save  40% or more at Old Navy.

1. Use One of Today’s Old Navy Coupons to Save 40%

Finding coupons for 40% off can be easy if you check our site for the latest offers and promos codes. The proprietary coupon technology here at DealCrunch updates hourly with the best offers from Old Navy and other top retailers.

Here are today’s best offers to save 40% or more at OldNavy.com:

Women's Apparel Sale. Save up to 40%.

Up to 60% Off Entire Store.

Girls' Apparel Sale. Save up to 50%.

The next time you’re about to checkout at Old Navy, check our page to find a promo code that’s right for you.

2. Print In-Store Offers from OldNavy.com

If you can’t find the right deal in our coupon feed, look to the dedicated coupon and promo codes page on the Old Navy website. Many of the offers listed there can be redeemed online or printed out for in-store use at its 1,106 store locations.

Also, the Old Navy homepage features large banners and graphics to promote its current sales. So, if you’re ever in doubt about a promotion, simply stop by the website to get the information you want to know.

3. Subscribe for Emails & Receive Insider Deals

Clicking around the internet to look for savings can be time consuming — especially if you have a family or a long work day. Consider signing up for the Old Navy email list if you’re a shopper seeking more convenience.

The service keeps users in the loop with notifications about new deals and features perks — like special gift offers on your birthday. Those who sign up also have the option to receive email offers, coupons, and sale announcements from Old Navy’s sister brands, including Gap, Banana Republic, and Athleta.

Quick tip:If you’re looking for a fast deal, Old Navy instantly sends all new email subscribers a 20% off discount to use on their next purchase.

4. Connect on Social for Style Inspiration & Hot Sales

Old Navy’s social media platforms are an easy way to find current deals and discounted styles.

The retailer posts regularly on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, and Snapchat.

Old Navy’s social media followers can expect updates on store news, charity activities, styling tips, and sale announcements.

Each social profile has a different vibe, but to get the scoop on wallet-friendly discounts and upcoming offers, be sure to follow Old Navy on Facebook or Twitter.

5. Get Mobile Text Alerts & Never Miss a New Offer

Old Navy knows it needs to keep up with the busy shoppers that it serves, which is why the store has a text alert program. All you have to do is text “OLDNAVY” to 653689 or sign up through the website to receive loads of benefits.

Perks include weekly texts about exclusive deals, store event invites, and a promo code just for signing up that can be redeemed in-store or online. If you later change your mind and no longer want to receive texts, you can easily unsubscribe by texting “STOP” to 653689.

6. Apply for a Credit Card to Unlock Big Savings

To find deep store savings, sometimes you need to take the plunge with a store credit card. The Old Navy credit card generously rewards loyal shoppers with cash back points that can be applied both in-store and online — and on purchases at the store’s sister brands.

As a cardholder, you gain exclusive access to sales and a 20% off promo code for your first Old Navy card purchase. Old Navy card members also earn $5 cash back rewards once they rack up 500 points. The program works by rewarding users five points for every $1 spent at Old Navy or sister brands, and one point for every $1 spent elsewhere.

While store cards, like the one Old Navy offers, come with benefits for shopping at that particular retailer, you might consider applying for an all-purpose rewards card rather than individual store cards.

7. Shopping Clearance to Save 40% or More

Coupons and promo codes aren’t the only way to save at Old Navy. The store’s sale and clearance sections usually have item markdowns from 40% or more off the original price, too.

You can shop Old Navy’s online store by category and price — with some items listed at $5 or less. So before making purchase, check out these parts of the site to see if you can save a few extra dollars.

Snag Major Discounts by Using Old Navy Coupons

Remember, you don’t have to be a fashion victim just because you might be low on cash. Old Navy carries stylish clothing, shoes, and accessories at prices you can afford.

So, the next time you go on a shopping spree, start with our Old Navy store page to see if you can stretch all of the great deals you find with a money-saving promo code at checkout.

That way, you can focus on being a trendsetter — not an over-spender.

Today's Old Navy Deals

Take a peek at Old Navy top offers. See all of today's best deals »

See all Old Navy deals »