Best Buy Free Shipping Code — 4 Ways to Score the Promo

A DealCrunch community member asked...

When does Best Buy offer free shipping?

Jon McDonald,

DealCrunch Editor

answered on: 10.31.17

It is amazing what you can get shipped straight to your door these days. From paper towels to laptops to even fresh food. But that variety isn’t enough for me anymore; I need to get a good deal on the shipping.

Best Buy gets that and tries to offer many ways for customers to get their items shipped for free.

Whether your Best Buy purchase is a laptop, TV, or an even bigger item — like a refrigerator or stove — here are four places to look if you want to get it home without paying extra shipping costs.

1. Check Our Deals for a Free Shipping Coupon Code

Take one look at our Best Buy deals below, and you’ll see just how easy it is to get free shipping and other great offers. At DealCrunch, we pride ourselves on helping consumers save as much money as possible.

Our coupon feed is updated every hour with some of the best promo codes from around the web, so chances are you’ll find a coupon for your next Best Buy purchase — whether it is a free shipping code or a nice percentage off your next purchase.

Here are today’s top Best Buy deals for free shipping and more:

Marvel Products, Plus Free Shipping on Orders $35 and Up.

This Week's Sales, Clearance Items, Events and Free Shipping Offers. Save up to 65% on laptops, cameras, tablets and more.

Disney Movies, Games and More, Plus Free Shipping on Orders $35 and Up.

And if we don’t have a free shipping coupon right now, keep reading for other ways to save on shipping for what’s in your cart at BestBuy.com.

2. Join My Best Buy Rewards to Get Shipping Perks

The My Best Buy program offers members easy ways to get free shipping on items. Anyone can sign up for a free My Best Buy account and have access to free shipping on any order over $35.

As you make purchases throughout the year, you can work your way up to Elite status, which comes with free shipping on any item with no minimum purchase. The threshold for Elite status is spending $1,500; once you hit that amount, you’re automatically upgraded.

Elite Plus members get free two-day shipping on all orders with no minimum but must spend $3,500 at Best Buy to earn that distinction.

Quick tip: Through the My Best Buy program, you also earn points for every dollar you spend and can convert those points into Best Buy gift cards. Every 250 points get you a $5 gift card, and point levels are awarded as follows:

• My Best Buy: 0.5 points per $1 spent
  • My Best Buy Elite: 1 point per $1 spent
  • My Best Buy Elite Plus: 1.25 points per $1 spent

3. Avoid Delivery Fees By Selecting In-Store Pickup

If you want to curb shipping costs, but can’t find a free shipping code anywhere, Best Buy has an in-store pickup option that won’t set you back any extra money.

Just order online as you usually would at BestBuy.com, but select the pickup in-store option. The item will either be retrieved from the store’s stock or can be shipped there from another store. Best Buy will email you when the product is ready for pickup, and, if it is in stock, that notification usually comes quickly.

If you are going to be out and about anyway, this is an easy way to avoid the shipping costs and get your items even quicker as many in-store pickup orders are ready the same day.

4. Visit Best Buy’s Social Channels for Special Offers

While searching for a Best Buy free shipping coupon usually yields good results, if you follow Best Buy on social media, you may not have to put in much effort at all.

Best Buy is very active on many popular social media platforms — including Instagram.

Whether it is Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, Best Buy has a large presence on many social media outlets, which the electronics and appliances retailer uses to alert consumers to special sales or offers — like free shipping.

Just follow Best Buy to stay up-to-date on the latest deals year-round, delivered right to a feed you browse daily.

Get Best Buy Tech Shipped to Your Door for Free

Today, it isn’t just about the variety of products we can get delivered to our doors; it’s about how much it costs to get them there. If delivery is too expensive, the convenience is no longer a big enough plus to make up for it.

Which is why finding a free shipping coupon for a popular retailer like Best Buy can be such a windfall. So, before you make that next big tech purchase, start by visiting our Best Buy deals page to see if you can grab a free shipping code or other great deal to use at checkout.

That way, you can mix convenience with savings — always a winning combination.

Today's Best Buy Deals

Take a peek at Best Buy top offers. See all of today's best deals »

See all Best Buy deals »